June CFA Exam Date Changing in 2019: How Does it Affect You?
Article: June 2019 CFA Exam Date
Posted By: Kaplan Schweser
Updated: June 21, 2018
Do you know your CFA exam date? That might seem like a crazy question—who doesn’t know when they’re taking an exam? But, as you prepare to sit for the CFA exam, time can get away from you. In the case of your CFA, it’s important to measure all of your preparation against exam day, ensuring you stay mindful of the time you have to study and prepare.
In 2018, candidates were surprised to learn that exam day would not be the first weekend of June, as it had been historically. Instead, CFA institute announced the exam would be held later in June, to avoid conflicting with the observence of Ramadan. In 2019, the CFA Exam date will again be changing.
When is CFA® Exam Day for the June 2019 CFA Exam?
CFA Institute announced that, to maintain accessibility for global candidates and avoid testing during Ramadan, there will actually be three different June CFA exam testing dates in 2019:
Saturday, June 15, 2019
- Testing will be held for all three levels of the exam for candidates in the Americas and EMEA countries.
- Testing will be held for level II and level III only for candidates living in Asia Pacific countries.
Sunday, June 16, 2019
- This will be a religious alternative date for candidates in the Americas and EMEA countries.
- Testing will be held for level I candidates in Asia Pacific countries.
Monday, June 17, 2019
- This will be a religious alternative testing date for candidates in Asia Pacific countries.
Considering the CFA charter? Before you choose your CFA exam date, download this free Before You Decide to Sit for the CFA Exam eBook.
How Will The CFA® Exam Date Change Affect Me?
Candidates will be expected to sit for the exam on the primary day it is offered for their region, unless they request the option to test on a religious alternative day. But keep in mind there are deadlines. CFA Institute’s website has more information on the deadlines and how to request a religious alternative testing date.
Registration for the June 2019 exam will open in mid-August 2018. Additional critical dates are as follows:
- Wednesday, August 15, 2018 – Registration opens for the June 2019 CFA exam
- Wednesday, October 10, 2018 – Early registration deadline
- Wednesday, February 13, 2019 – Standard registration deadline
- Wednesday, March 13, 2019 – Late registration deadline